8.26.2011

my boy

bodhi is our sensitive, tearful child.  
you know, the kind that can cry at the thought of a recent paper cut.
so i'm trying something.
lately, i've been telling him, he's sooo tough and sooo strong.
thinking if he hears it from me, maybe he'll believe it and then maybe he'll start acting it. 
and then books and paper cuts wont be such a threat in life.  
i think i'm on the right track. 
because for the last couple of days,
he's been insisting on going shirtless so he can show off his muscles.
...
happy face.
 

3 comments:

  1. i laughed out loud when i read this. no lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're onto something here, and I believe it works. Last summer I heard my friend give her son (a few years older than my oldest) a little pep talk, saying "You're a smart, strong boy and you can handle this ... " I've been using it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also laughed out loud when I read this. No lie.
    (and I totally did not intend to copy and paste what Jenne said - I actually totally laughed out loud. No lie.)

    ReplyDelete